Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Preparing for a baby














Bear with me here...I am a beginner when in comes to blogging...so I am teaching myself as I go...

We broke the news of our baby to be in June with the majority of our family coming over for dessert...we had heard the heart beat earlier in the day and had our ultra-sound photos ready to share. The next six months flew by...time was spent with Jimmy and Dad preparing the jungle, I mean nursery and shopping for little people things. We wanted the baby's gender to be a surprise so it made shopping a little hair pulling but well worth it. I occupied my free time with literature on parenting...and one of my fondest memories is Jimmy stating "They'll give us instructions on how to take care of the baby right?!" That is when I thought oh dear I better read for the both of us! And before we knew it Ethan arrived at 38 weeks 6 days old tipping the scales at 6 lbs. 2.4 ounces and stretching out to 19 3/4 inches...