Jimmy was soo wonderful to watch the darling kiddos so that I was able to enjoy a fabulous long weekend in NYC with my mom and little sis in mid-Aug. We managed to keep busy the entire time. NYC was much busier and crowded than I had remembered in trips past...and we were told it was not even a bad time of year...to my surprise. Our hotel was amazing...the Marriott Marquis...with our room looking right into Times Square. (We even made it to the gym!) We adventured on quite a few of the sight-seeing buses on the upper deck and learned alot about NYC. The weather could not have been more perfect! I was in heaven...a Starbucks on almost every corner!! Of course we went shopping...some finds in Soho along with lunch at the Cupping Room. One of my favorite places to eat was Blue Fin...we made it there for 2 dinners and brunch! The lobster bisque was the best ever & their sushi was excellent too! On Broadway we took in the Addams Family...literally across the street from our hotel! I was thrilled to see Nathan Lane & "Lilith" perform in person! Mom and I went to dinner at 11:30pm after the show while Tiffers was snug in bed. We then hit some shops that were still open...gotta love NY! The off to The View...a 360 degree rotating restaurant on top of our hotel; what an amazing view of Manhattan...however the drink prices were as high as the restaurant!--Luckily our cover was waived because we were hotel guests! I believe Mom & I made it in that night around 2:30ish am! Among our travels we made some stops on foot...past the well known Tiffany & Co., Rockefeller Center, NBC, and LEGO...(Ethan would have never wanted to leave there!) Unfortunately, we never made our walk across the Brooklyn bridge...we ran out of time...something to do next time we are in the big city! What a GREAT girls weekend!
Oh, and only if I had remembered all the silly things that were said...but the icing on the cake was the valet as we pulled into the hotel..."Sorry for starring at your car, but I wasn't sure if that was a hood ornament or if you hit a BIRD!"--or something along those lines... Yes, Mom took out a bird on the trip and had the remains to prove it!